School ethos, vision and values
“Growing together in Faith and Love”
School Mission Statement
At St Mary Magdalene Catholic Primary School our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning. Together as a faithful community we live, love and learn, growing together so that we are a reflection of Jesus inspiring others to walk with us.
Our school has a code of conduct linked to our mission statement and gospel values, which is intended to help us become responsible citizens. Every day we truly grow together in faith and love.
Code of Conduct
Everyone will act with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- We are reflective and prayerful (faith)
- We are honest (Love)
- We consider others at all times and try to understand other peoples point of view, we are kind and helpful (compassionate, tolerance and understanding)
- We listen and are co-operative, accepting advice and instruction (respect)
- We are good friends (Love)
- We give our best at all times (commitment to hard work)
- We move calmly and quietly about the school (self discipline)
- We look after our school, our belongings and the property of others (responsibility)
- We wear our uniform with pride (respect, belonging)
- We arrive at school on time (responsibility)
Aims of The School
- To ensure that all children appreciate that they are unique – a gift from God.
- To foster development of the whole child as a person, including economic awareness, to enable them to become responsible citizens of the future.
- To provide a caring and compassionate community where each individual feels valued and safe.
- To provide a learning environment that is attractive, welcoming, stimulating and enables all to enjoy and achieve.
- To foster a commitment to excellence in all things, so that each child fulfils their potential.
- To ensure that the special educational needs of the individual pupils are an integral part of all aspects of school life.
- To provide a variety of teaching and learning approaches to cater for the needs and abilities of all our pupils.
- To endeavour to do our best for our pupils in partnership with parishes and parents.
- To seek to serve the welfare of families who make up the school community.
- To promote healthy eating, good physical and mental health and promote healthy life styles.
- To work in partnership with the Diocese of Northampton and Milton Keynes Council.
- To provide an efficient and cost-effective school, thus providing value for money.
- To eliminate unlawful racial discrimination and promote equal opportunities, and good race relations in all areas of school life.