Year 4/5 - St Therese
Welcome to Year 4/5 St Therese Class
We are looking forward to working with your children and enabling them to succeed to the best of their abilities (with your help also). Please read the following carefully as it will give you all the information you need.
Our topics and areas of learning for this term are:
- R.E. - God's People
- Literacy - writing using a range of genres, instructions, recount, descriptive etc
- Numeracy - Place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, factors and prime numbers, angles, length, perimeter and area, fractions and decimals, 2D and 3D shapes, tables and bar charts.
- Topic - Scots and Anglo Saxons.
- Science - Forces
- ICT - Coding and e-safety
During the week children will have:
- Abacus homework and other from the Maths books
Literacy or Grammar homework
All homework is given out on a Friday and it MUST be returned by Wednesday of the following week at the latest.
Please ensure that you support your child with their homework.
Home Reading Books
Your child needs to read every day, this will develop reading and writing skills. Each child takes books home and the books must be kept in good condition. Please sign your child's record book to show that you have heard them read and fell free to write any comments.
With kind regards
Mrs P Sualy