Year 4/5 - St Therese
Welcome to Year 4/5 St Therese Class
We are looking forward to working with your children and enabling them to succeed to the best of their abilities (with your help also). Please read the following carefully as it will give you all the information you need.
Our topics and areas of learning for this term are:
- R.E. - Community, Giving and Receiving and Self Discipline.
- Literacy - writing using a range of genres, persuasive - writing-posters, leaflets, Non-Chronological reports, settings and character descriptions, play scripts and writing poems using rhyming words, figurative language. This term we will also focus on reading comprehension and different aspects of it e.g. vocabulary, inference, prediction and meaning.
- Numeracy - Place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, factors and prime numbers, angles, length, perimeter and area, fractions and decimals, 2D and 3D shapes, tables and bar charts including money and time word problems.
- Topic - Mountains.
- Science - Materials and their properties.
- ICT - using the 2 simple software - spreadsheets and emails.
During the week children will have:
- Abacus homework and other from the Maths books
Literacy or Grammar homewor
All homework is given out on a Thursday and it MUST be returned by Wednesday of the following week at the latest.
Please ensure that you support your child with their homework.
Home Reading Books
Your child needs to read every day, this will develop reading and writing skills. Each child takes books home and the books must be kept in good condition. Please sign your child's record book to show that you have heard them read and fell free to write any comments.
With kind regards
Mrs P Sualy